IN THIS SECTION
Bromhead Johnson was formed in March 2004 by the merger of two of the longest established firms in the British patent profession - J.Y. & G.W. Johnson (established 1850) and Bromhead & Co. (established 1889). J.Y. & G.W. Johnson was joined by its Scottish sister firm Johnsons of Edinburgh (established in 1846, Scotland's oldest intellectual property firm) in 1991. It therefore lays claim to be one of the longest-established firms in the United Kingdom and, simultaneously, one of the most modern.
In March 2008, Bromhead Johnson acquired the practice of E. Eder & Co., established and operated since 1973 by Ephry Eder.
To read more about the history of the firm, click here.